June 14, 2009

Reading a book

Before marriage, I used to read lots of book. My interest used to read usually mystery and thriller novels. Of late, I also tried to read some philosophical books as well. But my favorite genre used to be Popular science and Science Fiction. I will not go into specifying the advantages of developing book reading as a hobby but its a good and informative hobby. After marriage, life changes and priority changes and I was unable to read much. However, again I am putting effort to read some books. To start with I have taken a relatively light book. The title of the book is "Instability rules". The details of the book taken from Amazon.com are:
  • Title:Instability Rules: The Ten Most Amazing Ideas of Modern Science
  • Author: Charles Flower
  • Publisher: Wiley; 1st edition (March 15, 2002)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0471380423
  • ISBN-13: 978-0471380429
  • Product Dimensions: 9.6 x 6.4 x 0.9 inches
The books is really good in bringing out the most intricate and least understood topics in science in most lucid ways. The author has really tried to understand and make the readers understand the topics in most easiest ways. The topics ranges from Bing Bang to Atoms to Human Genome to Quantum Mechanics and so on...
The best part about the book is that author tries to bring in the essence of science in such a way that a non-science oriented person can also articulate and comprehend the subject with lot of understanding. Well, this book is a real buy and I recommend you to go ahead and buy it.