February 26, 2009

Windows Live Writer – A new Blogging Tool

Today I am trying Windows Live Writer… It looks pretty simple to install and use…Prerequisite is .Net installed in your computer. Well I am using Vista so its preinstalled. Now I download the web installer and install only the Writer component.

The good thing about Windows live writer is that it imports the theme look so you can carry out colour matching of the text to look better in actual post , insert photos of your choice either from photo sharing websites or from PC.

Waterfall

The only confusing feature till now I have found is, option to edit the Categories. The categories option is hidden somewhere and I still need to find it. Thereafter I will modify the post to inform more about it.

More good features include ability to ping the post on various servers and advanced WYSWYG editor.

Well overall it looks good Blogging tool and happy blogging.