January 13, 2009

Finally an Unlimited Plan

Well, finally I have shifted to an unlimited plan provided by Asianet Dataline India Limited. It costs me roughly 450 INR per month including all charges for a 96 kbps speed. Well the commendable part is that they have blocked any port so no problems in using torrents for downloading stuffs. Also they most of the time provide the promised bandwidth.

Asianet Dataline is a Kerala based multiventure company which also provides good cable internet service. They also venture in cable tv distribution, DTH service, various malayalam channels and so on.

Lets come back to my connection: Assuming that I will run my connection for downloading 18 hrs a day (3/4 of the day), of course I will be using more. And I get 80 % of the commited bandwidth I will be getting around
  = (96 /8 (kilobytes))*60 (min)*60 (hour) *18(per day) * 0.8(efficiency)
  = 622080 kilobytes (kB)
  = 607 MB in a day

As I pay 450 INR per day it comes to 15 Rs. for a day. So I pay little more than 2 paisa per MB. Quite a deal I would say. So now I am going to go ahead and use the connection to fullest.

Best part of the deal, I payed for 12 months in advance and I get 3 month free usage thats 25 % extra. I hope to enjoy this to fullest.