January 07, 2010

New role in life

On 11th Dec 2009, the world for me underwent a sea change when I became a father. Usually, we find that mothers are the one who really care about these type of stuffs and fathers are outgoing and don’t feel much change in the life. Well, not so for me. I was able to see my kid only on 14th Dec and after some time of initial awe and shock I was finally able to accept the fact having a child is and will make lots of changes in the life.

As my wife was not with me (at her hometown), I only got few days to spend with them . After returning from hospital, the life as a parent really started and I could find myself and  my wife awake for many nights consecutively when finally sleep engulfed my on 4th day and I was asleep for more than 18 hours on that day.

Doctors have told us that mothers will undergo hormonal change and are able to cope up better with keeping awake for whole night, but unfortunately fathers don’t get such ability. Well everything apart  being a father not only brings so much responsibility but also bring a bundle of joy or a bouquet of happiness which is much larger than life and sacrificing few night sleep per week is nothing the price for such a feeling.  Few days have passed after I have to come back to join my office but now a void is eternally present where I miss the crying of my child the most.