April 23, 2009

IPL 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Chennai Super King: My view

If you have seen my orkut account then you may be aware that this year I am supporting Delhi Daredevils team to win the tournament. As I usually don't watch much of TV and my wife has a schedule for watching TV I don't get to watch the match completely. However, I got to watch the thrilling end of the match. Truly, the match could have gone anyways but today was Daredevil's day. One thing which I observed during this match as well as during the earlier matches as well is that the spinners definitely have an important role to play in this tournament. The second last over during in which Daniel Vettori bowled and completed the run-out of Goni helped to win the match. I won't call it a turning point of the match but will give its due importance. One player whose contribution may have gone unnoticed during this stellar performance of Ab deVillers and bowlers is that of David Warner. The way he fielded in the deep and took the catches made spectacular saves of boundaries really deserves appreciation.

Well more in next post..... Happy IPL 2

Technorati Tags: , , ,