December 21, 2008

My Experience in Blogging

I have been an irregular enthusiast of blogging and sharing my views online. The concept of blog has really hit me well. I have been on and off blogging for long now may be 3 years or more. Initially, my idea was to make website using softwares containing blogs and photo galleries and so on. But as I tried, I learnt that website designing is not my cup of tea primarily because of my lack of knowledge of beauty and secondly due to lack of time for me to learn things like php or mysql.
Anyways with all this I made my first site on ifastnet.com which went ad-free to ad-supported within few weeks of my first website (blog + pictures). Then I moved to 110mb.com where after after 10 or so posts in next few months the sql database went paid. All my efforts on blogging got over. But I didn't loose my heart, my next stop was X10hosting which was going on well but for its 30 days forum login policy was really a pain in the neck and my laziness took over me and my account got disabled. I applied for reactivating the account but nothing happened. Finally I moved to freehostia.com where you can find my blog on http://planetshiv.freehostia.com. Here you can still find my unmaintained blog.
Well you may ask why I left from there?
The answer is simple, wordpess gives me too many options to handle and things get really complicated with more and more plugins to achieve functionality. Recenlty, I was doing plugin maintaince I deleted one of the photo plugin. Even after reinstalling I coudn't correct the things, so I decided that wordpress may be a little complicated for me. So my options for simple blogging tool based sites were freewebs.com and blogger.com. As I have tried out blogger.com using my gmail account for few days so I stuck with this blog and site and here I am to share my views with you.